Friday, February 11, 2011

Life Happenings: General Life Happenings

Life Happenings: General Life Happenings

Bible Study (I've Missed a few weeks)

Ok, so these last few weeks I have totally spaced and been really busy and haven't been able to post about the last few weeks of Bible study. So here are a few tidbits from last few weeks. 

Week 2
Beth Moore asked the question "Do you believe that God is a GIVER or a TAKER?" And I couldn't believe what a profound question that is. Of course the Christian in us tells us that God is a giver, but her question was if we truly believe that. We are often so afraid of what God could take from us that we don't give him complete control of our lives and therefore we miss out on the wild ride of life that he could give us! God gives to us to get glory, he wants us to have everything he can give us and he wants to provide all that we need, but sometimes there are things in our lives that we don't want to give over to God because he could ask us to give it up to glorify him. But a thought  that occurred to me was that if its something God wants us to give up than it probably isn't good for us and he has something much better waiting for us. 

Week 3
In week 3 we learned that NOTHING IS LEFT TO CHANCE! Because God holds my plan in his hands, everything happens in either the outright will of God or in the permissive will of God, nothing happens just because, it all has a part in where I'm going. She also mentioned that we all have an assigned area of influence that we can do God's work in (it could be work, school, our friends...) and that we need to figure out who else is in our field and work with them to bring light to those around us! 

Week 4
There were several great points made during this week. The first was about how God wants to give us all the greatest gift, salvation, but we have to be proactive and take it! We often just want things handed to us without any work on our part, but God wants us to work for our salvation so that when we are tempted and the Devil tries to take it from us we can hold on to it. If we don't develop the muscle to hold onto our inheritance/salvation, when its tested it can easily slip through our fingers. 
The next point that has really hit me this past week is that we often have press through fear to possess our inheritance and possess the things that God has in store for us. We have to press through the fear to get where God wants to go. And if we cant press through it and feel fine going in, then we just to do it scared and eventually it will get easier! She said that fear can be the ruining of someones calling because they will not push through their fear and fulfill it. This has been a big thing for me this week as I'm trying to figure out some job options. I'm planning to be a substitute teacher, I'm almost done with the whole application process and then I will be able to start subbing. Its exciting but also really scary for me, I have no idea what I'm doing in terms of kids/teaching... I don't know if I can handle it or what it will like, but as I was thinking about it I realized that I just need to push past it and put my faith in God's ability to take care of me and to help me if I don't know what I'm doing, and that helped although I'm still terrified but I'M GOING TO DO IT SCARED! 

GOD BLESS

No comments:

Post a Comment