Friday, January 14, 2011

Life Happenings: General Life Happenings

Life Happenings: General Life Happenings

Bible Study: Week One

Yesterday I began a new Bible study by Beth Moore. Its called The Inheritance. Its my first step toward becoming involved in our new church in Lemoore, and Im really excited about it. I am really  hoping it will give me the perspective I need this year to see where God wants me and what he wants me to do!

In study last night, Beth Moore made several statements that still have me thinking this morning. The first was that if I really applied what I learn from this study in the next 9 weeks, that this could be the year that changes my life. Wow, that is an interesting concept. This could be the year that I see what God's purpose in my life is, wouldnt that be amazing! Another thing she said that kind of goes with the first is that the dreams I have for myself cant even come close to the things God has prepared for me. That is an encouraging thought, since sometimes I feel that the things I dream for or want are so far out of reach for me, but yet God has bigger and better plans, and he will enable me to reach those plans! 

The last thing that she was talking about was about us being heirs to God's kingdom. This study will be teaching us what that means exactly, but she was talking about how we as women are "heiresses" and that with that, in the words of Paris Hilton no less, we are not supposed to be BORING! Yes I did say Paris Hilton, apparently Beth Moore read her book about being an heiress, and the little tidbit she took away was that Paris felt it was the worst thing to do in life to be boring. Beth Moore agrees that as heiresses of God we should not be bored or boring. We should be full of life and out for a wild ride through life with God at the wheel. I will be pondering this week and probably throughout this study if I am bored or boring and if I am what I am going to do to change that. 

So as I go through this study I plan to blog a little each week about what kind of progress its making, if I am learning new things about myself, about my amazing God, or just my life in general. I'm really excited for this journey and I cant wait to see where I am at the end! 


God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment