Sunday, January 9, 2011

Life Happenings: General Life Happenings

Life Happenings: General Life Happenings

Its a new year!

Ok, so its officially 2011 and I cant believe that 2010 is actually over! Its crazy to think that at this time last year I was still living in Mississippi, didn't have a dog, or a truck, or a winged Naval Aviator husband! Wow how things have changed! In the last year so much has happened and it has been a blast and also has had its tough moments. Traver and I got a dog, who we love, a new truck, and I ran 4 races! Traver got his wings in July, we took a road trip in August, we moved to California in September, and have settled into our new town and life pretty nicely so far! 

I had a job for a while, but it didn't work out, so I'm back to being a stay at home wife, for now at least. But I have goals in that area. I'm working on getting my substitute teacher credential for the state of California, just a few steps away from getting that finished. I have decided to get my Event Management and Wedding Planner Certification. The navy will pay for me to get it, and since I really think that is what I want to do with my life I am going to take this course to help my chances at getting a job! 

Traver and I bought another new (at least to us) car a few weeks ago, after our red mustang was totaled in an accident in November. We were rear ended, lame! I always figured we would get in a car accident in Mississippi where the drivers are terrible, but somehow we survived over a year there, and within 3 months here we get rear ended! But nonetheless, we got a new 2006 mustang to replace our 2000, its beautiful and really fun to drive, I named her Stella! 

Other new things going on... I have decided to take up cake decorating and my goal is to use it as a ministry to make cakes for people who could use a pick me up! Also, my goal for January is to have every single box unpacked or put in the attic, if it doesn't have a place in the house (other than shoved in the closet) it will go to goodwill/garage sale or into the attic. I want the house 100% settled by the end of this month! Wish me luck! 

Other than that I'm just really looking forward to a new year, full of new adventures and experiences! I'm going to try to better about blogging about them as they come up! 

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment