Friday, February 11, 2011

Life Happenings: General Life Happenings

Life Happenings: General Life Happenings

Bible Study: Week Five

Week 5
I'm going to start with this tidbit... "Not only can God change your life, but he can change your day, and not only can he change your day, but he can change your mood." God isn't only in control of the big things, but if you not having a good day, spend a few minutes focused on God and he can turn your whole day around, and the same applies to your mood! WOW! That is inspiring! 
 
Another awesome thing that Beth Moore brought to light during tonight's study of our inheritance was that God is our inheritance, we get him, he is our portion! He is our inheritance, what if the most important thing we passed on to our families was God, not possessions but God himself. Its so amazing to me that I get God as an inheritance, I don't deserve him and his grace and mercy, and yet he gives himself to me freely! Now, the second part of this was that in several places in the Bible (Deuteronomy 32:7-9, 4:20, and Ephesians 1:18) where it states that WE are HIS inheritance! We are God's inheritance; he is our portion and we are his! If we could grasp that and know that to God we are the most precious treasure he has on this earth. He owns the whole universe and yet we are his inheritance! I am going to try to focus on that this week that I am so blessed to have God as my inheritance and yet he considers me important enough to be his most precious inheritance! 
Now to end on, I'm going to put in our memory verse and the verses that follow because it just touched me tonight. 
"Lord, you have assigned me my portion and my cup; you have made my lot secure. The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance. I will praise the Lord, who counsels me; even at night my heart instructs me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken. Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will rest secure, because you will not abandon me to the grave, nor will your Holy ones see decay. You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures as your right hand." 
PSALM 16:5-11

GOD BLESS

No comments:

Post a Comment